Muzaffarpur :�Six members of a family were electrocuted in their sleep at Mushahari village of Muzzafarpur district in the early hours on Thursday when a live wire fell on their house.
Superintendent of police Vivek Kumar said due to strong winds, a 11,000 volt live wire fell on the house killing the six persons. Two women and children were among the victims, he said.
The village is situated on the Muzzafarpur-Darbhanga road under Gaighat Police Station, he said. The bodies have been brought to Muzaffarpur for post-mortem. Villagers held protest on NH 57 and jammed the highway seeking adequate compensation.