New Delhi: The ISIS mean sensed an opportunity to conduct a trail blast on the Bhopal- Ujain passenger train. At least 10 people were injured in the blast.
The details of ISIS, sinister in India are being slowly unraveled, intelligence sources said the three men arrested by the Madhya Pradesh Police, who are suspected to have carried out the blast on the Bhopal-Ujjain passenger train, were already unDer surveillance.
One of them also slipped up the name of the ISIS Khurasan module's amir (chief) as Atif Muzzafar, a source said. He made contact to one one of his contacts, giving away important information about the blast in the train and also disclosed.
Here are some key ponits showing how they were tracked from Ujjain to Lucknow:
- Sources said the three men, who were carrying explosives in a pipe, took
a train from Lucknow and decided to conduct a trial when they spotted
an opportunity in Ujjain.
- As their train reached Ujjan, the three men deboarded and went to the parallel platform where the Bhopal-Ujjain passenger train was stationed.
- Seeing an opportunity to conduct a "trial blast", the three men kept the pipe bomb in the train's second-last coach and left. The low-intensity explosion injured at least 10 people on Tuesday morning near Jabdi station.
- While, the Intelligence wing was already tracking the trio, came to know about their whereabouts when Muzaffar made the call and admitted that a bomb had been planted inside the train.
- The Madhya Pradesh ATS tracked trio by tracking the device to Pipariya in Madhya Pradesh. The MP Police arrested Atif Muzaffar alias Al Qasim, Mohammad Danish alias Zafar, and Sayed Mir Hussain alias Hamza.
- Based of the information received, the Madhya Pradesh police then informed its counterpart in Uttar Pradesh about terror suspects hiding in Kanpur and Lucknow.
- Questions are being raised against the intelligence agencies sitting on the information on the module and not acting against it.However, sources say that before Muzaffar's call, agencies did not suspected an imminent plan b the Khurasan module.
- All the suspected terrorists are between the age group of 25-35 years and belong to Kanpur, Lucknow and Aligarh - all districts in Uttar Pradesh.
- According to sources, the ISIS suspects knew that the security in poll-bound Uttar Pradesh will be tight and therefore chose neighboring Madhya Praesh for the trail blast. Also they were concerned that any attempt to plant an explosive in forfeited Uttar Pradesh will be nipped in the bud.