Tahlka News Bureau
KABUL: On Wednesday morning a powerful suicide vehicle blast jolted Kabul's diplomatic area, killing ateast 100 people and leaving over 350 injured in Afghanistan's national capital.
According to a public health officer of Afghan, at least 100 people were killed and around 350 injured were in the incident. The attack is seen as one of the most sevour blasts in the Afghan capital for last several months. Bodies littered on the scene and towering plume of smoke rose from the area.
The houses in the area and foreign embassies were damaged by the blast the blew out the windows in several residences hundreds of meters away.
Witnesses described, dozens of cars choking the road as injured survivors and schools girls sought safety, and people struggled to get to security checkpoints to search for their loved ones. It was not immediately clear that who or what the target was.
The bomb was kept in a water delivery truck detonated outside the office of a major local
market cover about 400 yards.
Over one third of the country is outside the control of government. The attack underscores spiraling insecurities in Afghanistan, where the military struggles to beat back the rebels.
More than one hour after the explosion, the fire fighters were still struggling to control blazes in several buildings and the ambulances were still busy taking the wounded to the hospital.
At least 49 people had been killed and 320 injured, Health ministry spokesman Waheed Majroh said, with the figures been confirmed by a second health officer and the government media office.Senior health ministry spokesman Ismael Kawoosi told that, "They are still bringing wounded and bodies to the hospital."The internal ministry was calling on Kabul residents to donate blood, saying hospitals were in "dire need".
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the blast but both Taliban and ISIS have staged large-scale attack in the Afghan capital in the recent past.
The Islamic group has also claimed responsibility for several recent blasts in the Afghan capital, which includes a powerful blast targeting NATO's armored convoy that killed at least 8 and injured 28 people on 03 May.
An interior ministry spokesman Najib Danish said, initial finding showed that it has been a truck Bomb. Manpreet Vohra, India's messenger to Afghanistan told that the bomb went off around 100 meters from India embassy, one of the several in the area. "We are all safe, all our staff, all our personnel are safe.
However, the blast was very large and nearby building including our own building have considerable damage in terms of shattered windows, broken glass and blown doors etc".
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted, "We strongly condemn the terrorist blast in Kabul. Our thoughts are with the families of the deceased & prayers with the injured."
France, Germany, Japanese also suffer damages due to blast. Japanese embassy staff were mildly injured, suffering cuts.A powerful bomb bomb balst.
External Affairs Minister Swaraj has tweeted that Indian officials also tweeted about the safety of Indian officials.