Tahlka News Desk
Hyderabad: Six people killed as a major fire broke out in manufacturing cooler unit in Attapur of hyderabad on Wednesday morning. Police said that they notice flames erupting from the spot at around 5 am.
The fire broke out at EVON Battery at PVNR Express way Pillar No 253, Upperpally under Rajendernagar police station limits in early morning hours of Wednesday.
Four deceased identified as Saddam khan, Saadhu, Irfan khan and Ayub Khan are natives of Orissa while two others are yet to be identified.
"The fire has been extinguished with the help of four fire engines. The six bodies have been taken out and sent to state-run Osmania General Hospital for post-mortem," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (Shamshabad Zone) P V Padmaja.
All the deceased belonged to Chhattisgarh and Bihar, the official said. The unit, which manufactured air coolers and battery operated vehicles is surrounded by residential area. Usually four workers are present at the unit but yesterday two more had joined them, she said.
The DCP further said the owner of the unit has been taken into custody. According to the preliminary investigation, the owner had not taken the minimum required precautions.
"A case of negligence will be registered," the senior officer said, adding that the probe is underway to determine the exact cause of the fire.